I recently interviewed Jessica Teneglia, CEO of Eliza Parker, on my radio show The Clothes Line http://www.blogtalkradio.com/susan--kanoff Jessica is co-founded of Eliza Parker, a premium plus size women's apparel company that offers stylish dresses, career wear and accessories in sizes 10-28 As we discussed on the show, one of the challenges that curvy women face is finding the right fit to compliment their figure as well as a selection of stylish clothing. When I saw the Eliza Parker line www.elizaparker.com I was truly impressed! The clothing and accessories are gorgeous and stylish, yet timeless and versatile. Here are some tips from the show as well as some of my favorite pieces!
- Start wit the proper undergarments. A good bra fitting is essential!
- Make friends with your tailor--many times alterations are necessary to get a proper fit
- The internet has a much wider selection of plus size clothing than the stores do. Even department stores such as Nordstrom's or Macy's have a greater variety on-line than in the stores.
- Don't wait until the last minute to find a dress or outfit for a special occasion. Allow yourself plenty of time or better yet, buy a great piece when you see it!
- Every woman should own a little black dress and a great blazer!
The Miami Dress--this perfect little black dress offers a very flattering neckline, defined waist and skirt that flows (doesn't cling!). Every woman should own this piece! $189.00
Classic pencil skirt--only $98. Wear this figure flattering skirt casually with boots and a sweater or decked out with a dressy top and heels. Perfect for the office with the belted open cardigan or cowl neck top (below).
Open belted cardigan $88.00
Cowl neck top in plum--$68.00
Don't forget to accessorize! Clutch is $88 and glass earrings $68.00
See something you like here? Check out the entire line at www.elizaparker.com and enter code STYLE2010 for 10% off your purchase. Offer expires October 2010. Happy shopping!